The short answer - zucchini and cucumbers. Everything else is slow.
The longer answer - the plants are staying small, but there are small veggies beginning to form. Peppers are slow. Tomatoes are slow. Herbs are doing okay.
My melons and squash have avoided the mildew from the past two years! I actually have a couple growing on the trellis. I tied them up in a net so they don't break off the vine prematurely.
My poor cucumber plants (three varieties) have been attacked by squash bugs. We treated them with diatomaceous earth and a soapy spray. One variety is completely dead, even with treatment. The other two are hanging in there. They've been strong enough to send out new growth on the bottom even while the tops are decimated by bugs.
I'll end on a fun note. Weeks ago, I accidentally broke off a couple branches of my cherry tomato plant. I was so annoyed because they had a bunch of fruit on them. Wasted!
I couldn't bear to throw them on the compost pile, so I left them in the garage. This week, a pop of red caught my eye. They're ripening!
Now they're in the house for us to eat. 😀


No comments:
Post a Comment