Tuesday, May 13, 2014

#8

Windy and cold.  Those are the two words of the day.  This same time last year (on Caswell Softball Day), the temp was 100 degrees.  Today, the high was 55.  That's almost 50 degrees cooler!  And it definitely felt like it.  I actually went back to my car for a blanket and my headband. 


The cold didn't faze the students for long.  Some kids were in shorts and short sleeves! (not very many of them though).  One student rode with me to Caswell.  She talked pretty much nonstop the entire ride there... and on the way back too. 


Tonight I think I'm going to make mac and cheese for supper.  They were selling it at the concession stand and a bunch of the ILS girls bought some.  It looked SO GOOD.  The wait was 10 minutes though.  One of the moms told me that tonight is the first night of sand volleyball league in Courtland.  Lovely.  I don't have anything going on, so I'll be there.  It's going to be so cold!  What's the proper protocol for cold sand volleyball?  Can you wear shoes? Will I roll my ankles if I do?  I guess I'll find out... but back to Caswell...


So, how'd we do in the Tournament?  We got 2nd place overall.  Truman beat us by 5 runs.  I think the game against them was the shortest we played all day.  1-2-3 outs, boom, boom, boom, both for us and them.  In the first inning, they scored four runs.  We held them there until the bottom of the sixth when they snuck one more runner in.  We scored one run the whole game. 


Since everyone got rides from their parents (who came to watch the games), our class never convened at school to pop tomorrow's balloon.  I think I was supposed to bring it along so we could pop it at lunch, but I forgot and we were never all in one place to pop it.  Oh well, we'll do it tomorrow morning before we leave for End-O-Line. 


Balloon activity for tomorrow: visit Miss H's parents' farm (and see the chicks hatched by the kindergartners)



No comments:

Post a Comment