Thursday, August 31, 2017

End of the Week

Whew, my feet are ready for a break!  I should've worn more comfy shoes this week; I've been standing a lot more than I'm used to, so now my feet are sore.  Oh well, we have a nice long weekend to rest them up.

We had another good day at school. The 7th and 8th graders seemed more like their normal selves (paying attention, asking questions, less overall attitude). It was nice.

The 5th and 6th graders and I had good discussions again.  We came up with an idea for the 'take a break' area.  We're calling it the Focus Folder and we had lots of ideas of where it should go and how it should be done so if someone needs to calm down, no one will be able to watch them.  Basically, we came up with a subtle way for people to calm down if they need to.  They can go get a drink (removing themselves from the situation), or find a corner of the room and cover themselves up with a giant piece of cardboard so no one can see them, kind of making a cave.

We even have the cardboard for it.  My new magnetic whiteboard arrived this morning!  It's leaning against the wall in my classroom waiting for someone to install it.  Hopefully it magically gets hung over the weekend.

Volleyball practice today was good too. I worked with the B squad on rotating and serving and I think we'll be okay for our first game on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment