Monday, September 9, 2024

The Last Monday

The girls have their countdown going. Today was the last Monday. 🥺 

I subbed again today, so G dropped them off. I picked them up and we went thrift store shopping at Goodwill. Yua found two sweatshirts and Hohomi bought a denim overall dress. I found it on the rack and thought it looked like her. Yua thought so too, and together we convinced her to buy it. 

We met G at a Mexican restaurant for supper. The girls said it was much better than Taco Bell. 😂


Subbing story: 

On Friday when I gave them their spelling test, I made up a story linking all the spelling words together. They loved it. The 6th graders wanted me to continue the story for their spelling pretest. It's funny how quickly a story can evolve into craziness in just a few words. 

Basically, Jeremiah the cheetah went to his grandma's house to cheer her up because gravity was bringing her down. He ended up becoming her cleaning lady. The 5th graders wanted the story continued, so Jeremiah's cousin (a kitty) named Callie came for a visit in her Corvette and squished his flowers. They replaced the flowers, and a raccoon dug them out of the trash at night. 

Yep. I don't know where that all came from. Even more interesting, the story came up later in the day during science when we learned about food webs! 😂

No comments:

Post a Comment