Tuesday, September 3, 2024

Day on the Farm

The girls really enjoyed spending the day at my parents' farm. We stopped at a sweet corn stand along the way selling corn for $5/dozen. We shucked it straight into the cattle bunk! 

Before lunch they played with my oldest niece (almost three years old). And by playing, I mean she bossed them around and told them how to play. They had a great time though. Lots of laughing from the three of them.


They said my family all have beautiful faces and are very nice. My youngest brother made the biggest impression... He came to say goodbye (we were picking elderberries) and did a two finger salute as his farewell to them. They thought it was the coolest thing. "No one in Japan does that. So cool!"


We also picked apples at my brother's place. The tree was loaded down! Still, we came up with a creative way to get the apples towards the top... 

They were surprised at how big the farm is. Yua's favorite part was the pigs. Hohomi's favorite was the peacocks. 

The only downside to the day was the bumblebee on a mission. Before lunch, we took my nieces and the girls to see the turkeys. I stood in the doorway with one niece, trying to keep the dog from getting inside. A bumblebee landed on my foot right at the sock line. I figured I'd leave it alone and it would fly off. Next thing I knew, pain in my foot. Then more pain. I think I got three or four stings by the time G was able to swipe it off me. It got my other niece on its way away. 

I've been stung before, so I wasn't worried about allergic reactions. A few hours later however, my foot swelled up. By the time we got home, I could hardly walk. Thankfully, it went down and is now pretty much back to normal. But that was a rough couple of days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment