Monday, October 28, 2013

It's Alive!

Our little plants are growing!!!  Well, the soybeans are.  So far, nothing on the corn.  I set them on the lab table tonight so they're not freezing on the windowsill all night.

In other news, my brain is officially gone.  This morning, I wrote a note on the 7th/8th grader's board asking them to bring their books/notebooks to class today.  Then I remembered that I had their notebooks, so I didn't need to write that part up there.  However, I hadn't gotten around to writing notebooks (but I thought I did), so I unconsciously erased the whole thing.  With the roll of paper towels that was lying on the ledge.  Yeah, the 7th/8th graders got a kick out of that, "Hey guys! She just used the whole roll!  Hey, Miss H., how come you didn't just tear one off."  Well it was right there.  So anyway, I went back to my room and forgot about the whole thing.  Until science.

One of the boys forgot his book.  I asked him if he saw the note on the board.  He said he didn't look at the board.  And then one of the girls asked, "Miss H, didn't you erase that note."  Well, I thought she had said that she was the one who erased it, so I started to ask her why when one of her classmates chimed in, "Yeah, Miss H, you erased the whole thing and we were like, 'whaa?'"  And that's when it all came back to me.  Whew.  It's only Monday and my brain is already shot.  Tsk, tsk, tsk.  Who knows what will happen to the papers I have to correct tonight?!

No comments:

Post a Comment