Thursday, February 9, 2017

Class Color Day

Our colors for today were gray and pink. The vast majority of the class wore gray.  We kind of got gypped on colors; we were the last class that got to pick.  I told them since we really didn't get to choose, they could wear either pink or gray, it didn't have to be 5th grade wears one color and 6th grade wears another color.  The other grades did it that way.

Mr. D always takes pictures of each class's dressed up students for the yearbook.  It seems like everyone in my class HATES having their pictures taken.  One boy is particularly adept at escaping right when Mr. D gets to our room.  So his classmates came up with a plan to trap him in the room at lunchtime so he had to be in the picture.  Unfortunately, Mr. D came later during lunch right after this student had gone down to Mr. E's for help on math.  Grr... they were frustrated.  But they came up with a new plan! Mr. D would come back around 2:00ish and take the picture then! He'd have no reason to leave the room! Wahaha!

My little schemers kept looking at the clock as the minute hand got closer and closer to the appointed time... they kept calling me over to whisper, "Is it going to be soon? Can I lock the door after Mr. D gets in here so [the student] can't escape?!" Oh boy.  Well, Mr. D forgot to come down.  It was recess time so I just took the picture. They all gathered in the reading corner, posing reluctantly.  The anti-picture boy said he'd be in the picture, but he wasn't going to smile.  Then he decided to smile in three second intervals, so I'd have guess when he'd be smiling.  Finally, I told them they should smile for real because I was going to put the picture on my fridge.  That got them!  The picture actually turned out great!  And yes, I did print it and it's going on my fridge tonight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment