Monday, April 30, 2012

Last Day...

The 7th and 8th graders don't show emotion like 4th graders do, but they were sad to see me go.  Some kids groaned when I said it was my last day.  Others told me I should come back and sub for Mrs. B.  A few of them asked me where I'm going to teach next year.  The 8th graders all wanted to skip school to come to my graduation.  I can see it now, buses pulling up with 90 middle school kids, jamming them into an already full gym.  I wouldn't mind if Mrs. B came, but I don't think she can just skip out in the middle of the day.  I think my graduation service is being streamed live on my college's website, so she said she'd look into that.  I'm really going to miss her.  But I'm sure we'll stay in touch.


This morning I came to school feeling sick and kind of gross and tired, but as soon as I started teaching my energy levels went up and I felt way better.  I love teaching; I love asking questions to get students thinking on the right track and I love it when they start feeling excited about what we’re discussion. I feel at home in front of the classroom and I know that’s where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment