Tuesday, February 12, 2013

School Spirit Week

Just when I thought things were going to get back to normal...

This week is the week of school before our school's basketball tournament.  Since it is our home tournament, the 7th and 8th graders chose dress up days for the week.  Sigh.  Didn't we just do this last week?  Oh wait, we did!  Okay, I guess it was two weeks ago, but still.  Monday was pajama day (sorry Dad, I did dress up this time).  We also had a two hour late start, so I just headed to school in sweatpants and a my high school senior shirt.  The 3rd and 4th grade teacher was impressed I still fit into my clothes from high school, but I didn't it was that impressive.  A- it was only 4-ish years ago.  And B- it's a big t-shirt, not something easy to grow out of.  Anyway.  It turns out red and black wasn't the way to go.  After school we had basketball games against another Lutheran school and guess what their colors were? Yep, red and black.  I felt really out of place.

Tuesday was Nerd Day.  Hardly anyone dressed up.  I wore my science goggles on top of my head to prove my nerdness.  Times like these, I really wish I owned a white lab coat.  Tomorrow is Duct Tape Day.  I think I'm just going to take a piece of tape and stick it somewhere on my person.  One of my students' moms talked to me at the game about duct tape.  She was super impressed that duct tape comes in all colors of the rainbow.  So who knows what my students will look like tomorrow?

Thursday is Class Color Day.  Our class is blue.
Friday is School Spirit Day, aka Blue and Gold Day.  We basically have a half a day of school because the afternoon is spent getting our rooms ready for the tournament.  My room will be transformed into a locker room.  All valuables and tiny objects must be stashed away because who knows what might happen to them.  Apparently, a number of years ago, one of the teachers came back after the tournament and found the class fish stuck inside a devotional book.  She still has the book and there's still an imprint of that ill-fated class pet.

Good thing my class hasn't gotten our pet yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment