Tuesday, August 27, 2019

#1- Last Day of School!

As you've maybe noticed, I never posted on the last day of school... The last day ended up in a bit of a time crunch after school, so I thought I'd posted, but never actually did. I ended up going in to see a doctor because my lungs kept feeling tight. I didn't want to wait over the weekend in case it was something that needed medicine, so I got the next appointment available after school. I dashed off to New Ulm, saw the doctor, was told it is probably viral but if it's not getting better by Monday call for a prescription.

As soon as I got back to school I quickly graded all the last papers, put them in the gradebook, filled out my students' report cards, made copies, and stuck them in the envelopes to hand out during our end of the year awards night following the potluck. Whew! I got them done just in time. Last year some kids never came in to get their report cards and I had to mail them. So this year I decided to hand them out in person so I knew they had them. It worked great!

After the awards night, the parents had a carnival with games and candy, etc. I didn't stick around for it since a friend had a surprise college graduation party that night. I missed the surprise part, but was able to still see everyone and wish her congratulations.

Those kids who hadn't turned in their late stuff? Yeah, one of them never did. I'm still missing all those assignments. The official records got sent to the high school, so I'm not sure what Mr. E did as far as grades go. This kid never got the final report card. The other kid handed his test in on my porch the next week and eventually got his report card. Let's hope this doesn't happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment