Thursday, May 16, 2019

#2- NaNo book launch

Tomorrow is the last day of school. Everyone is anxiously awaiting that day. My cold is slowly getting better. I actually had some energy after I got home from school. Today, my nose is less stuffy, but I still have gunk in my lungs... I hope it's not pneumonia. My plan is to tough it out through the weekend and if I'm still feeling sick Monday, go in.

A bunch of kids cleaned out their desks today. They turned in some of their textbooks and cleaned off the lab table too. The 7-8th graders had a ton of things due today. Most handed them in; I still need to check the pile. Some made deals with me to turn things in in the morning. One kid hollered at me from the line for the bus that he's going to hand his science test in tomorrow morning. I told him no, it's due today before you leave school. He said he couldn't stay after because he had baseball... maybe he could drop it off at my house later? Uhhh... hmmm... I'm not sure if I'm going to accept it. Maybe depending on what time he drops it off??? We'll see if I've corrected the tests by then.

Mr. E and I sent out a notice earlier this week that everything had to be turned in Thursday or it would be an incomplete/0% in the grade book. One of the 8th graders had a long list that he never turned in (as far as I know). He didn't stay after so those are all going to be zeros. A 6th grader had 11 late math assignments. She didn't want to stay after school to do them. Mr. E and I tried to convince her to stay and do them so she would get a passing grade in math. She chose to go on the bus. Sigh. These kids. They make me want to pull my hair out!!!

Before I go home today I need to get the pinatas ready for smashing tomorrow. Four out of five groups are finished. That means one group doesn't get candy... I also need to set out the BINGO prizes so we can pass them out tomorrow.

The book launch went well today! Here are my kids' books this year:

No photo description available.
Some of them designed their own covers. I wrapped the books in brown paper so my students would be surprised. It was a hit!

Our 4th quarter offering was for the Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch, and they had a representative come to our school to talk about their mission. They brought honey for the teachers and seeds/a fidget bender thing for each student. We saw pictures and got to ask questions. This afternoon we even connected what we learned about them to our MN history lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment