Wednesday, May 1, 2024

7-8

Tuesday I was the 7-8th grade teacher at Immanuel. This class is a tough one, so I wasn't super looking forward to the day. I remembered I had been reading a book aloud with them that I hadn't finished. It hadn't been published yet when I first read to them, and it had been so long that the electronic file expired. Thankfully it is published now! G picked up a copy for me on his way home from work the day before. 

The day went very well. Everyone was respectful and quiet and riveted to the story. Before school one of the girls said the three 7th grade boys had been really excited for me to read aloud to them. The 1-2nd grade teacher said on the way to school her son (one of those 7th graders, one who gave me a run for my money last year) had said how much he was looking forward to having me teach their class and then, "Man, we really gotta get Miss H back next year." 

We read about 100 pages! Only 95 to go in the book. I think I'll come in a few days before the end of the year to finish reading the book.

Another funny moment from the day: the kids are working on their musical parts. One of the girls (a girl who gives a lot of attitude to everyone) is supposed to roll her eyes on one of her lines. She quite seriously told Mrs. L she didn't know how! A classmate said, "Just give a side eye instead."

No comments:

Post a Comment