Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Booking Tickets and Playing Dolls

On Sunday our school went ice skating and one particular 1st grader decided I was going to be her new best friend.  She made me follow her around and skate with her until her mom finally told her to "leave Miss H. alone!"  Well, on Monday during recess, she asked me to play dolls with her.  She and another 1st grader had brought Woody, Bullseye, and Jessie dolls to school and I got to be Jessie.  Bullseye kept sneaking off while Woody and Jessie were sleeping.  It reminded me of all those times my sisters and I played Barbies.

Then today this same girl had brought a bigger doll to school and wanted me to play house with her.  So I was the babysitter and had to take the baby to the beach.  And build a sandcastle.  And make sure the baby didn't wake up.  I ended up spending the whole recess carrying this baby doll around complete with diaper bag full of shoes and other accessories.  

Joe, our class tortoise, is still grumpy.  I think he ate some lettuce last night because there wasn't as much in his food dish.  We cut a hole in the side of an ice cream pail and replaced the clay hiding spot in the tank.  One of the 6th graders noticed that Joe had a bunch of white stuff on his head; it turns out it was clay that had rubbed off the hideout thing!  The damp soil in the terrarium caused the clay to soften and rub off.  I just hope this ice cream pail won't get too hot under the heat lamp.  

After school, I started looking at tickets for my upcoming trip to Ireland.  Wow, there are lots of options!  Carissa and I narrowed it down to a flight on a Saturday morning so we'd arrive in London at 8:35am.  But when I tried to book them, my credit card wouldn't be accepted.  Of course the number to call was busy.  I waited about 6 minutes before I gave up.  Then I called Carissa again and she said she'd look after she got home from church.  So I went to church, listened to the school children sing, and debated about heading over to school to try one more time to book the flight... I gave in.  The website still wouldn't work, so I called a different number on the website and finally got a hold of a human being.  He didn't know what was going on with the site, so he looked for an alternative flight.  And the tickets he found weren't as cheap as the first ones I had found so I decided to try booking them one more time.  It didn't work.  

So now I'm waiting on the phone one more time, hoping to get the same guy on the phone to book these tickets to London.  Ugh.  Hopefully someone answers soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment