Monday, March 11, 2013

Weird High Schooler

Surprise, surprise.  No smartboard installed.  The IT guys are apparently still livid with me ordering them around.  I'm guessing they probably didn't even read my second email (I wasn't thinking at the time and titled it "SMARTboard").  I'm starting to think maybe we should just install it ourselves; it looks pretty easy.  But we'll see.

This weekend I chopped off my hair for Locks-of-Love... actually, the ponytails of hair are in a bag in my car waiting to be mailed.  When I went to church on Sunday, no one said anything about my haircut.  I think it's because from the front, it looks like my hair is behind me and from the back, it looks like my hair is in front of me (unless you look closely).

Then, this morning, my students saw me for the first time.  I was writing our assignments for the day on the board, so my back was to them.  One girl spotted it immediately.  Her classmate didn't notice for about 20 minutes. When he finally did notice, he said, "Woah, Miss H.  you look like you're my sister's age... like you're in high school."

Later on, a student who gets dropped off at school late came into our room as usual, but stopped in her tracks, giving me a weird look.  I had almost forgotten that I recently underwent a drastic hair change, but then remembered after seeing her look.  She then proceeded to announce that I looked weird.  When Mr. E visited our room to give me the 6th graders' math assignment, one of the girls whispered to him "did you see Miss Heintz's haircut?"

We started our school-wide floor hockey tournament today.  6 teams will play each other in the next two weeks and after Easter, we'll have a single elimination tournament.  Following this will be the big teacher-vs.-student match.


No comments:

Post a Comment