Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Not Fun

Whew! Today was not a fun day.  Actually, it wasn't too bad until all the kids left for the day.  Now I'm just really tired and my throat hurts.

I've been trying to cut down on my talking today, not easy when you're a teacher.  Thankfully, we did some testing and the 7th and 8th graders were doing presentations today, so no talking necessary for that.  Tomorrow is going to be the big challenge.  I'm trying to figure out how I can swing my lesson plans to eliminate most of the talking.  Hmm... I don't know if it's possible.

This morning, I thought about calling in sick, but we found out that our only substitute teacher got a job, so now we have no substitutes.  Mr. E did find someone to teach for him while at the principal's conference today, but that would leave no one to take over for me if I stayed home.  And really it's just my throat that's sore.  It seems like something you can just "power through" and not bad enough to miss school for.

We're supposed to get some snow tonight, so maybe God will be merciful and give me a day off to recuperate.  Who knows?


No comments:

Post a Comment