Wednesday, April 24, 2013

R-E-C-E-S-S

I feel like I've been sucked into a tornado, swirled around, and dumped behind my desk.  These kids need to get outside for some fresh air and more room to burn off their energy.

It was my turn for recess duty with the k-4th graders.  I was curious what the majority of the students would do with their time since the hockey stuff is put away.  My answer came very quickly: dodge-ball   Only when they started recess, it was more like a free for all "let's see how many times we can hit the kid who's been annoying us all day" kind of game.  And then this kid starts crying.  And then the teachers have to smooth it over.  Lot's of accidents waiting to happen.  

In the interest of public safety, I organized an actual game of dodge-ball .. I think we called it bombardment.  There's so many games involving the throwing of balls, I can never keep them straight.  Thank the Lord my voice is back.  I had to shout over the other half of the gym so the dodge-ball players could hear me.  We did have to restart a few times to go over the rules again.  And some kids were cheating, and got tattled on, and had to run laps around the gym as a consequence.  Some kids decided to scream... more laps.  Some kids got knocked over or hit in the head... ice packs galore.  We ran out of ice packs and had to make some out of zip-lock bags and ice cubes.  

What a recess!

But I survived.  And we practiced our teacher skit/s at church today, so we're even more ready for Friday night.  Oh, it's gonna be good!  

No comments:

Post a Comment