Thursday, August 30, 2018

Day 3

I know my titles haven't been the most creative ones ever thought of... I have a good excuse though; all my creative energy is being poured into my classroom!

Today a new friend joined our classroom: a koi fish we (almost unanimously) named Neptune.
Image may contain: plant and food
Students volunteered to feed him over the weekend. I've never had a fish before, so it's a learning experience for me too! He was 15 cents and was part of the 'behind the scenes' fish meant to be food for other animals (like turtles). So to be ultra-dramatic... WE RESCUED HIM FROM DEATH. He seems to be fairly content in his tank. It seems kind of empty; maybe we should add more stuff. Eh, we'll see how it goes.

This afternoon we did water games outside. Each teacher came up with a game. I got mine from an old water-themed VBS manual. Actually, I let a few of my students pick it out. It ended up being kind of 'meh' compared to the others: Penguin Waddle. It's a relay race where each person carries a water balloon on their feet, shuffling to the other side to pass it on to a teammate who brings it back. The balloons kept breaking and the racers kept moving the balloon higher and higher until it was between thighs instead of between knees or on feet. It looked a little awkward. Lots of balloons popped, which sometimes made it look like the kids had wet their pants. Esh. Should've thought about that before doing this one. Oh well. They had a decent time. And we ended with popsicles, which are always a hit.

Now it's time to pack up and hit the road! No school until Tuesday next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment