Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Nemo is No More

Poor Neptune. He made it until Monday (maybe Tuesday morning).  I got a text update from a parent who stopped in on Saturday. She said he was weak because the filter quit working. She took ours apart, found the problem, couldn't fix it, and brought hers from home to try to revive him. She said he was still really weak on Sunday. I got no news Monday, but this morning when I checked on him, he was stuck up against the filter tube. I 'buried' him in the woods before the kids got to school.

Before we get another, I should really have our water tested. Pet Expo does it for free; I just have to bring it in. So now we're back down to one pet...

Joe is settling back into our classroom nicely. As is typical after a car ride, he buried himself in one corner of the tank. We gave him a piece of watermelon as a treat, but so far he hasn't eaten it yet.

It's been raining for most of the day, and when it's not, it's sticky humid everywhere. I turned on the A/C this morning which seemed to keep the humidity down. The forecast says we're supposed to get less than an inch today, but I'm sure by now we're well over that amount. I've gotten notification we're in a flash flood watch for the rest of the day. Bleck. At the end of the day I prayed for the rain to stop so fields can dry and farmers can start the harvest. Another boy prayed for the rain to keep going because he likes the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment