Monday, January 2, 2012

Blast from the Past

Right now I'm sitting at home over Christmas Break, working on writing Human Relations papers necessary for me to graduate.  Apparently they were supposed to be done the semester after we did the clinical, but at the time my professor told us future teachers they were due sometime before we graduated.  I haven't graduated yet, but he's getting antsy so now I have to get them done.  Oh well.  Anyway, I was looking through some of my notes from prior clinicals and found a quote from an 8th grader who was making a poster with his group, "Make it more girly, cause the more girly it is, the better grade you get… girly is more colors and stuff.  If you make a girly poster, you get an automatic B at least, but guy stuff is an F.”  I remember trying so hard not to laugh when he said that, but you have to admit, it is kind of the truth. 

A few weeks ago, before finals and break, I found out that I will be student teaching in a 4th grade classroom about a half an hour away from my college.  I'll still live on campus and just drive to school every day.  Hopefully the weather stays good!

No comments:

Post a Comment