Thursday, January 12, 2012

An Enlightenment of Political Positions of 4th Graders... (and other comedic incidents)

Today's interesting story update:

Time for Kids magazines were placed on students' desks this morning.  This episode featured the presidential candidates with their ages and a brief background and picture.  One student commented while reading, "Obama is 50? I thought he was, like, 20!" 

Another student later said, "I'm going to vote for the youngest guy.  Why would you vote for a 70 year old? He's not going to last as long."

Later in the morning, I got a tiny bloody nose from the dry winter air.  Thankfully I had a tissue handy.  Unfortunately, it seemed that almost all the 4th graders wanted to ask me a question about their homework assignment and would stare at me holding a tissue to my nose.  When I went up to get a new tissue, Mrs. J said, "Oh! You have a bloody nose? I thought maybe someone farted and you were covering your nose to keep the smell away!  We have a rule that if you have to fart, you go in the hall to do it." 

Our final story of the day involves a lesson in homophones, or multiple meaning words.  We read A Chocolate Moose for Dinner by Fred Gwynne aloud, sometimes pausing to comment on the pictures.  One picture of two adults sitting side by side putting on makeup had a caption reading, "They always kiss and make up."  A little girl commented, "Where's the kissing part?" Another girl immediately replied, "No one wants to see that in a book!"

Well, that's the latest in the 4th grade comedy update.  Tune in next time to hear how the first Friday flies.

No comments:

Post a Comment