Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Agriculture ABCs take two...

I taught the Ag ABC lesson to the other class of 4th graders today.  I thought aliens had come and sucked their brains out... they were so quiet! I kept waiting for them to bust in with comments or questions, but most of them raised their hands or just didn't have many questions.  It was so strange.  Another strange thing I saw today was two girls wearing mismatching books.  It looked as if each one gave the other girl one of her boots.  My first thought was, "Oh, it must be like friendship necklaces, but for feet!"  Anyway, back to science.

Only two 4th graders chose "I" as their favorite letter.  One chose it "cause it was gross and funny. and cool."  but the other student said "it is cool to learn about cow-pies and how they used to burn it."  Two liked R for Round Bales, two liked L for Lambs, two liked D for Dog, four liked K for Kittens, one liked Q for Quack, and two liked O for Oink (pigs).  One student commented, "because I liked learning where the bacon comes from."

Other interesting remarks are as follows:

H for Harvest- "Because I like the combines."
S for Silo- "Because it's cool how much corn can go in a silo."
V for Vaccine- "Because no one wants a sick animal."
Y for Yell! (call everyone for dinner)- "I liked it because I like to yell at my brothers and sisters."
Z is for Zzz (farmers taking naps)- "I like Ethan trying not to laugh." [I told my 4th graders that I staged the picture and my brother and dad were trying not to laugh at the animals climbing all over them while they tried to "sleep."]

No comments:

Post a Comment