Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Another Random Day...

I spent the day observing different classrooms today, and the most interesting room by far was the music room.

In music, I watched both 4th grade classes.  When Mrs. M's class came in, a student ran up to me (one of the worst behaved boys) and said, "I don't want you to leave!"  Then he gave me a huge hug and wouldn't let go.  It got slightly awkward.  But, then we moved on to do this awesome thing called "Amoeba Drill."  They stand in a line with their hands held like opera singers, all prim and proper and singing the song... until the whistle blows, then... CHAOS! They run around until the whistle blows again.  Here's a link to the song: Amoeba Drill.

The music teacher has some great quotes pasted on her walls.  This is one that I kept coming back to:  "Excellence is the result of caring more than others think is wise; risking more than others think is practical; and expecting more than others think is possible." 

No comments:

Post a Comment