Monday, March 26, 2012

Official Online Test Monitor

Today was teacher in-service day, and there wasn't a whole lot planned for us to do.  We were supposed to be getting ready for Parent-Teacher Conferences, but we were all ready to go, so we didn't have much to do.  We had a short staff meeting, I worked on homework, and my teacher cleaned the classroom.  I offered to help, but she said she had to have something to do all day.  The afternoon brought another meeting; this one was for the staff to take an online test monitor certification course for the MCAs.  I logged on under Mrs. J's name and took the course right along with the other teachers, so I guess you could say I am an official Online Test Monitor for the MCAs (a test connected to the No Child Left Behind program). 

I have one boy in my class who doesn't stick with a book.  He just gets bored, or just doesn't want to finish it, or some reason or another.  Earlier this semester, I recommended Lightning Thief, by Rick Riordan to him, hoping the book would catch his fancy... and it did!  He kept me updated on how far he was in the book, and read it every chance he got.  He was so excited about these books, he ordered the whole series from the book order.  Every day he'd ask, "Miss Heintz, did my books come in yet?  When are they gonna be here?"  On Thursday, he was freaking out because the second book wasn't in the library and he was almost finished with the first book.  On Friday, the book orders came in, but I didn't see them until after school.  We unpacked the books and set them on his desk.  Since he was so excited about the books, Mrs. J called his house to see if he wanted to stop by and pick them up (since we don't have school until Wednesday).  We went out for lunch (Mrs. J's treat!) and when we got back... the books were gone!  He had stopped by while we were out.  Shoot! I had wanted to be there when he picked them up.  Oh well, I'm sure he'll tell me all about them on Wednesday.

As for tomorrow... Parent Teacher Conferences.

No comments:

Post a Comment