Thursday, March 15, 2012

Weird things...

This morning my students came in the classroom and I noticed one boy had his hood up and it looked like he was distraught.  He also had an icepack pressed to his cheek.  I went over to him and asked, "Are you okay? What's going on?"  He moved the icepack to reveal two huge scrapes on his cheek.  After finding out it didn't happen at school (which I should've known because the scrapes were scabbed over), he told me he got hit by a car!  while rollerblading!  He made sure to tell me the car was going slow... like that would make me feel better.  Apparently he hadn't been able to stop, so he ran into the car.  Great.  The poor kid had an icepack on his face almost the whole day.

After school, I went to pick up some potting soil with another RA for our joint wing activity tonight.  We were walking around the store when I saw a para who works at the school where I'm teaching and her daughter (who is in my science class).  We ended up chatting for a bit, but no sooner had I moved on than I saw Tiffany's (one of the other student teachers) supervising teacher grocery shopping with her boys.  One of them recognized me because his class stands next to my class in the hallway during our bathroom breaks in the afternoon.  He didn't say anything to me.  I remember when I was in grade school, it was so weird to see teachers outside of school.  It's kind of weird in reverse too.

No comments:

Post a Comment