Friday, November 9, 2012

It's "Miss" Heintz

For some reason, yesterday there was more talk than usual about my relationship status.  In 7th and 8th grade geography, one girl kept calling me Mrs. Heintz.  One of the boys who sits in front turned around and yelled at her, "It's MISS Heintz.  Stop calling her Mrs.; she's not married!"  Apparently, Mr. E has to go over this small grammatical error over and over and over.

Then, when my 6th graders were doing art, one of the boys asked, "Miss Heintz? Are you going to do what our old teacher did?"  I was kind of confused (and so were the rest of my students).  He kept going, "Well, he got a girlfriend and then he moved away.  So are you going to do that? ...I mean, are you going to get a boyfriend and get married and move away?"  I think I said something like, "Probably not."  One of the girls piped up, "Oh, I think you're going to get a boyfriend.  But you can just stay here; you don't have to move away."  Thinking it was time for a subject change, I said, "Well, I don't have any plans to move away right now."  The boy who brought the subject up said, "Good.  Cause I don't want you to leave." 

No comments:

Post a Comment