Thursday, January 31, 2013

What? ... Again?

This morning, I woke up to my radio alarm clock blaring out the names of schools called two hours late.  I thought to myself, "What are the odds of having school two hours late today.  It wasn't supposed to snow.  We've already had two out of three days this week two hours late, they're not going to call it again."  A few seconds later: school is two hours late because of the cold.  Because our school is right on the borderline between two counties, we use two different bus services (corresponding with two different schools).  This time, only one school called two hours late.  The other one was still going. 

So I still had to come to school at the normal time.  I just had 1 student in the morning.  The other ones were either on the two hour late bus, or their parents were going to drop them off later so they could sleep in. 

We did a Classroom Switcheroo this afternoon as our activity.  The kids had a blast!  We played a couple of games in my room (kind of hard to explain in writing), but a few of the older kids said, "Hey, we should play this game at the tournament this weekend!"  So I think it was a big hit. 

The 7th grade girls were all abuzz with my love life (again).  They now think I should date one of the cute boys from the BLC drum-line.  They kept asking why not, or why wasn't I already dating him, and how old is he anyway?  Are you older than him?  Then they wanted to give me a makeover.  I told them not during school.  I thought about asking if they thought I really needed a makeover, but I decided I didn't want to know the answer to that. 

If school is two hours late tomorrow, I don't have to come to school at all!  All six of my students are leaving at 11:15 to head down to Cutty's, the place all the families stay at for this basketball tournament, to get checked into their rooms.  The boys play at 3:00.  So if school is two hours late, we'd only be at school for 45 minutes.  Not really worth it.

In other news, I found out I received a $100 grant to use in the purchase of a classroom pet!  Woohoo!  I think with my extra time on Friday, I'm going to head to a pet store to check out the creatures they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment