Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Pop

We had a mishap today... one of the exercise balls got popped. It happened during noon recess when everyone was supposed to be in Mr. E's room or the gym.  But some kids have been sneaking into my classroom to work on stuff since it's quieter in there.  Apparently, one kid made a comment to another kid (one with a quick-temper) about him liking a 5th grade girl.  The other kid got SUPER mad and started chasing him around the room, pencil gripped in his hand.  Another kid laughed at the whole situation, making the mad kid even more upset.  One of the teasers threw an exercise ball at the angry student's head and he stabbed it with his writing utensil.  Or so the angry kid says.  No teachers were present at this time.

They tried to tape it, which worked for about three minutes.  Not even duct tape would work.  So the kid who speared it is buying our classroom a new one.

That episode pretty much sums up the day.  Everyone was CRAZY!

Christmas program practice was particularly insane. People were talking and shoving and pestering on the risers.  We probably would've been fine without this practice; everyone knew their parts and where they were supposed to be.  But, I suppose it's good to keep it fresh in their heads.  It was warm enough that we could walk over to church for practice, so we did. You'd think they'd know by now they're not allowed to throw snow at each other. And what do the 7th and 8th graders do? Throw snow, shove each other in a snowbank, etc.  Yep. Not so good. The office had a revolving door today...

The morning actually went pretty good for us.  Christmas present candles got decorated; we just need to wrap them.  We decided to read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever by Barbara Robinson since it's so short.  That way we'll finish it before Christmas and will start a book fresh in the new year.  I love that book.  The first time I read it, I was reluctant to read it since it didn't sound that interesting to me.  But once I got started... it's hilarious.  On a scale of 1-10, my students ranked it between a 7-10 (more votes on the higher end of the scale).  We only have four chapters to go.  Two more to read tomorrow, two more on Thursday.

I was surprised with a present from the Student Council today.  Remember that day they were suspiciously asking my favorite candy?  This morning I came back from running errands in Mr. E's room to find a gift bag casually perched on a chair in the coatroom.  I left it there, thinking maybe one of them was going to give it to me.  And they were all like, "Miss H! Didn't you see the present out there for you?"  I guess I was supposed to grab it!  Anyway, they made me open it right away.  I got a package of Twix, a package of Milky Way, and a bottle of root beer.  Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment