Thursday, December 22, 2016

Presents

Program practice today went AMAZING. We are so ready for Saturday night.

Actually, the whole day was pretty amazing.  We finished our science lab from yesterday, much to the surprise of my 5th and 6th graders. They were sure it would take waaay more time to do it.  They all handed them in before present opening!  Memory work was all said before the bell rang, handwriting was in before program practice.  We finished the read aloud book and got both spelling tests in before heading over to church at 9:50.  Man, we sure stuck to the schedule today!

After program practice, we went back to school for our annual meal of sloppy joes, chips, and pickles, served to us by the school board.  Typically, we have it at church, but since the carpet has just been washed over there, the powers that be asked us to eat at school.  We all ate in the gym together; it was kind of cool.  Students could mix with other grades to eat.  Not too many of them went crazy after eating.  A few boys went overboard on their food... a 7th grader set the record for sandwiches this year- eight sloppy joes, closely followed by his 6th grade brother who ate seven.  The all time record is 20. Can you believe it???

We opened presents after lunch... the general theme was "LC" lots of candy. And that's what they got too!  My presents were a bit more varied: candles, a toasty warm blanket scarf, gift cards, summer sausage, and a kitchen timer.  My timer's battery wore out a long time ago and I don't have one on my microwave, so I've just been eyeballing it when cooking!  The girl who gave me the timer had asked me earlier this week what I wanted, and that's what I told her. The girl said her mom was super confused when her daughter said that I wanted a timer.  "But that's what she said she wanted!" the girl told her mom.

Another cool present I got was from the same girl... a Case IH calendar! What's super weird is that their family is 100% John Deere supporters.  But the girl said her dad sent it to school for me.  Now we'll have red tractors up the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment