Tuesday, January 30, 2024

Rubik's Cubes

There's an epidemic at Mt. Olive in 5th grade... both classrooms. The rise of the Rubik's Cube is here! Since I arrived, students have been solving them every spare minute they have. There are traditional cubes, neon cubes, pyramid cubes, and megaminx (a 12-sided puzzle). Today, one of the boys brought in a cube that looks all black except when heat is applied; then the colors are revealed. Wow. That caused a stir in the classroom.

Social studies was on Martin Luther and the Reformation. The kids were excited they already knew a lot of this stuff. A few of them asked me if I had corrected their narrative writing project yet. Nope. It takes a lot of time to grade 35 papers! My goal is to finish them tonight. I think I have about 30 to go.

The Mt. Olive PTA brought the staff lunch today. Last night, Mrs. L texted me not to bring a sack lunch, but by the time morning rolled around I had forgotten and packed a lunch anyway. It's a bummer because as I packed my lunch, I was grumbling to myself how we didn't have anything good in the fridge and I had to throw together whatever I could when I could be reading the kids' stories... Oops. Well, now I have a lunch ready for tomorrow. They served us a creamy soup, Caesar salad, and oranges. Very tasty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment