Friday, January 5, 2024

Five Below

No, the title is not referring to the weather, although it is chilly outside. I'm subbing at Mt. Olive today in 4th grade. Their teacher is home with a sick kid and it wasn't a planned day off, so the morning was a little crazy trying to make sure I found all the things we need for the day, printed off or not printed off. We got it figured out though. 

Religion class was about the magi visiting Herod in Jerusalem. Since we had time, I did some extra history/geography and had them look at the map to see how far it would've been for Mary and Joseph to walk to Bethlehem. 

Later in the morning during snack time, one of the boys showed off his gift card to Five Below (a $5 store in town). He said it was the best store in town, etc. Then he asked me where it was. I told him. He said disappointedly, "Oh, that's far away." I said, "It's too far to walk that's for sure." He said, "Well, not as far as Mary and Joseph had to walk, so I'm sure I could get there." 😆

House update: we have a signed purchase agreement to sell our Nicollet house! Closing date is Feb. 14th or earlier.

No comments:

Post a Comment