Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Goodie Basket

On my way into school this morning, I met one of my students' parents leaving my classroom.  She had dropped off a whole bunch of stuff from their family friend (the one who donated the lab table).  He had buffalo bones, buffalo teeth, Indian trading beads, a bunch of chemistry glassware, and a big map of insects.  Today was a science day, but tomorrow we're going to take a look at the Native American artifacts he's loaning our class.

The 7th and 8th graders were having another good day.  Not quite as good as yesterday, but still much better than the previous days.  Mr. E said he didn't say anything special to them before they came to my class, but he had had a talk with them about behavior in general while at school.

After school, we had volleyball practice, but before that, I helped the preschool teacher figure out how to put pictures on her computer.  She had lost her camera cord, but the one for my camera also fits hers, so she was able to borrow mine.  Now she wants to put pictures on the website.  So tomorrow after school we're going to work on that together. 

Mr. D, the third and fourth grade teacher, had heard that I wanted a poster of the periodic table of elements in my classroom, so he found his at home and brought it for me to use until I get my own.  I did a little looking on the internet last night, and found a huge one (about 5ft 4ft) for $50.  Of course that's the one I want.  I hung our tiny poster up and pointed it out to the 6th graders.  One of them came up with the idea to have each of them bring in $10 so we could buy it for our class.  I said they could go for it, but then they wanted me to send a note home.  I'm pretty sure the parents wouldn't be as excited about this project as my 6th graders.  So I said they could tell their parents if they wanted to, or else I'll just put the poster on our wish tree.  Mom? Dad? Early Christmas present?

No comments:

Post a Comment