Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Summary of the Week

To back up a few days, our class fundraiser on Sunday was a success!  Our class served treats after church for free will donation.  Each 6th grader was in charge of bringing treats or juice and stayed after to help pour coffee/look pretty/serve bars/smile at the people who walked past.  A few of the older congregation members commented that it was nice to see such young faces helping out.  All together we raised $40 to go into our field trip fund.  (Next Friday we're going on a trip to the Pipestone National Monument and the Jeffers Petroglyphs.)  This coming Sunday is our school's Pork Chop dinner and Silent Auction and the following Sunday we'll do the same fundraiser again.

Yesterday was our school's first home soccer and volleyball games.  We played against Trinity Lutheran from Janesville.  All day, students were asking me if I was going to go to the game.  Yes, I was.  Since I had to coach volleyball after the soccer game, I decided to change out of my teacher clothes and in to jeans.  When I walked out to the field, I heard the goalie say to another player, "Is that Miss Heintz?"  I guess they don't recognize me out of dress clothes.

It was great to see the students putting all their moves together; I've seen them practice every day during lunch recess.  One very cool coincidence at the game was that I saw some of my old students from Janesville.  The semester before I did student teaching, I taught 3rd grade reading, math, and religion at Trinity.  The 3rd graders are now 4th graders and a bunch of them are playing soccer and volleyball!  Two of my former students sat behind me during the volleyball game and said, "Hi Miss Heintz!"  It's nice to know I'm not forgotten. :)  They've changed so much in one year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment