Monday, December 3, 2012

Vomitrocious

Well, I had my first encounter with cleaning up vomit at school today, after school actually.  One of the 8th grade girls had been feeling sick all day, and during practice she just couldn't hold it in anymore.  I was in my room at my desk correcting papers when some of the other players came dashing in to borrow my paper towels. 

Thankfully, I had some of that absorbent stuff you sprinkle over the mess, so I brought it out to the gym.  The 1st and 2nd grade teacher came and helped sweep it up.  I held the garbage bag. 

This poor girl!  When she started to throw up, instead of letting it fall where it may, she stuck her head inside her shirt so it got all over her clothes.  She had some extra clothes in her gym bag and ended up changing right there in the gym while her teammates kept guard at the doors.  Our first basketball game is tomorrow; hopefully no one else gets sick. 

No comments:

Post a Comment