Tuesday, May 8, 2018

End O Line

It was a bit of a drippy day for a field trip, but we still had fun! It poured on our way down to EOL, but God was good and stopped the rain by the time we got there! We were the only ones at the park besides the director of the park. He gave us the tour (and I sprinkled in extra tidbits I remembered from my time as a tour guide there). They had a lot of fun! Plus they really enjoyed the gift shop and playing on the playground.

After eating lunch, we made the short-ish trek to the farm in Fulda. It sprinkled on us for most of the tour, then it turned into a full-on downpour right when we wanted to play bale tag. So we hung out in the machine shed until it passed. Thunder and lightning crashed in the distance, so I wasn't sure if it was safe to play, but they hounded me so much I made a deal. We could play until it thundered or lightninged.

Everyone took off running for the bales. It was muddy and slippery and a few had trouble getting on the bales... They had a fantastic time! ...for about five minutes until it rumbled off in the distance. Bummer. They played on the rope in the haymow for a while, while others cleaned off their shoes caked with mud. We ended up with plastic bag 'shoes' for most of the class heading home in clean cars.

The girls in my car convinced me to swing by Courtland Mart so they could get ice cream... They went in with their plastic bag shoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment