Thursday, May 3, 2018

Grr...

Ugh, my computer at school gave me grief all day! I need to get my kiddos NaNos published and ordered either today or tomorrow so they come before the end of the school year. The crunch time is brought on by myself since I didn't get my act together and push my kids to edit their NaNos until April... I could've been working on it last week, but again, I didn't get my act together.

So I stayed up late last night and got up early this morning and I still didn't get them all done. My plan was to work on uploading them to the printing website at school during the day, but my internet wouldn't load any other page except my teacher email. Lovely.

All day. Couldn't go to any other sites.

We had a faculty meeting after school, afterwards I checked again and it STILL wasn't working. So I packed up and went home. Since then, I got them all uploaded to the website and they're waiting for the site to approve them for publishing. Unfortunately, I have to change them all.

Normally I have my students write circular stories which I type and add to the end of their NaNos to make them a little longer (if they're too short, the site won't publish them). We didn't write very many this year since we were busy with other things, so I didn't have anything to tack on the end. Then I got the bright idea to add pictures I'd taken throughout the year. Ooo! They'd love that!

Except then they need to be printed in color, which is more expensive. I didn't realize how much more expensive until I tried to order the one book that had been approved so far. Normally they're $2-3 to print each book. This one was about $7. Now, I love my students, but I don't want to pay $7 for each book. So I've been going over the pictures trying to condense them into a smaller amount of pages to see if the cost goes down.

Even worse, I'll have to send them through the whole proofing process all over again. I really hope more are approved tonight so I can fix them and maybe will be able to order the books tomorrow sometime. Ugg! Lesson learned: next year, do this much sooner!

No comments:

Post a Comment