Friday, January 20, 2023

Finally Friday

Holy cow, this felt like the longest week ever. Praise the Lord it's Friday! We actually had a pretty good day today. Still some unnecessary comments and ridiculous statements trying to poke holes in everything anyone says, but not as much as the past few days. 

The 7-8th graders earned a class prize and chose recess all class period. They wanted to do a movie, but Mr. E vetoed that because otherwise they'd have THREE movies in one day. They always get to watch a movie in Pastor's class on Friday and their Christmas present from Mr. E is to watch a movie at his house and he grills for them. So. Recess it was. 

I corrected papers and then played "sock snake" with two 7th grade girls. It's like the basketball game Snake, except you play it in sock feet. I kept my shoes on, but the girls took them off. They have a few other rules they changed or are more strict on in the sock version: the ball can bounce three times if it goes far away from the hoop. You actually keep track of letters. Not sure of others. 

After a while the others in the class asked us how to play so they could play it on their own hoop. They played regular Snake, not the sock version. 

Good news: I got all my papers corrected and report cards finished as much as I can without grades from Mr. E and our piano teacher! No homework for the weekend! I don't even have to do my lesson plans because there's no school Monday (end of the quarter) and we have a field trip Tuesday. I can get everything ready for the week Tuesday after school. And that's a great end to the second quarter.

No comments:

Post a Comment