Wednesday, January 11, 2023

The Program At Last

My last Christmas program went off swimmingly! It was a little foggy, but that didn't impact travel too much. Everyone was able to get to school; we had a good crowd for an audience. My parents and G were in the crowd along with a handful of church members and lots of family members. 

The kids all remembered their parts and sang strongly. The kids remembered when to sit, stand, and walk out. The bell songs sounded great and I got a few compliments from the audience about their performance. We served donuts afterwards and had some fellowship time before lugging all the kids back to school for the rest of the day. 

It was so nice to not feel like rushing off after the service. To get a chance to chat with people I haven't seen in a while. To have the time and hands to take down risers, bell tables, and load everything up in my car to bring back to school. 

The rest of the day was pretty quiet. My class had Daily 5 rounds and a normal afternoon. The 7-8th graders learned about protists and the 5-6th graders studied DNA. After school, Mrs. R (1-2nd grade teacher) and I planned February I Love to Read Month activities. In a half an hour I have a PTL meeting. After that, for once, my evening is free! Aside from the ever present pile of papers to correct...

No comments:

Post a Comment