Friday, January 6, 2023

Icicles

Lots of long icicles hung from the gym eaves before afternoon recess. Now, not so many. My kids had a great time trying to knock them down by throwing chunks of snow or broken pieces of icicle at the hanging . 

I had to add a few rules about when to throw and when to collect the fallen ice because students weren't paying any attention. They'd rush to grab a big hunk of ice while paying no attention to the other hunk of ice hurtling through the air at their heads from one of their classmates trying to knock an icicle down. Sigh. So we enacted the rules of the archery range. I said one minute of "shooting" and one minute of retrieving. It worked! No injuries during recess.

Even though it's been a two day week, everyone was still glad it was a Friday. All the craziness I'd been expecting yesterday came in full force today. Lots of snappy kids getting on each others' nerves. Maybe a weekend apart will reset everyone? 

A lot more kids called me Miss H today instead of my new name. It's still so new, I don't even think to correct them! I did change my name on a field trip permission form that went out. I wonder if they've changed my name in the church bulletin... I told G about the holes-eater thing and he said it's okay to pronounce the name that way, but he says it with more of a "t" sound in the middle: holts-eater. I think I got it down now. 😅

No comments:

Post a Comment