Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Amazing Caterpillar Show

Our first day of talent show practice did not go fantastic. It wasn't horrible either, but there was too much complaining for my taste. I wish I had a 'bad attitude' button that could banish a bad attitude with a single click. Sigh. Dream on. In other news, I found out one of the 8th graders is missing the talent show for a softball game. Sigh. Now we have to change parts around again and it's a bare-bones crew to begin with. 

So many moving parts in this month of the school year. Tonight was my last PTL meeting of the year. Our central topics were summer fun activities, the end of the year carnival/potluck, and the talent show. My class serves root beer floats at the the talent show, so I need to buy those groceries next week. I also make the bulletin and the powerpoint of acts for the screen. That part won't take long, but it will take some time. 

I'm still working on finding a sub for me on Monday. My top two choices are busy. My third choice has to find childcare, but she thought she could do half the day. Thankfully I found someone who can do the other half, so now we wait to see if childcare can be found. 

The eggs are doing well. The chickens are set to hatch this Sunday. I'm bummed I'll miss the first day of hatching. I will probably make the rule that no one can go in the incubators on Monday. I read somewhere the chicks can survive for three days in the incubator without food or water, living on the last of the yolk. We'll have to get a box for them to live in after that.

All right, I've been at school long enough for today. Time to go home!

No comments:

Post a Comment