Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday!

A pretty good day today. My kids got crazy the last half an hour, but there were no major meltdowns or blowups today! 

We had our last time reading with the 1-2nd graders, everyone turned in handwriting on time, and had piñata worktime. LOTS of kids weren't ready to say memory today. Ugh. Four have pieces to say next week. And next week has a long memory chunk plus we don't have school Friday (it's Track and Field Day). So I'm nervous it will happen again. 

I tidied the classroom for Monday's sub. I have Mrs. L in the morning and Mrs. B in the afternoon. I'm glad they were able to tag-team for me, otherwise my kids would've been in Mr. E's room all day. Not the best. This way, they can still do the lessons I had originally planned. It should be a good day. They're particularly excited for Mrs. L. "She's fun!" was their reaction. Most don't know Mrs. B very well, so they didn't have much of a comment for her. That's okay! I hope they'll behave well for both of them. 

I've been plowing ahead on Talent Show stuff. The program is made, the projector slides are made, and there's a plan in place for filming the teacher skit! Whew! Now I can go rest in peace for the rest of the weekend... after I correct my papers...

No comments:

Post a Comment