Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Penelope

Spring is popping up all over the place! I planted a few more bulbs down where Bekhor is buried, along with an arborvitae shrub that survived the pot over the winter (that was from one of G's garden center rejects we'd planned to feed the goat, but they maxed out their coniferous greenery eating, so we let it sit). As I dug, I noticed a few feet away this little guy poking through. 

Last fall, I had planted a bunch of bulbs, not sure if they would grow or survive the deer. This one did! I haven't seen any others yet. I wonder what it will be?

The swans are back. I caught them taking their morning bath. We had a very stormy/rainy day yesterday and they weathered the storm in our pond. Maybe they will stay and make their nests?


The biggest excitement from Monday happened while I cut up seed potatoes in the garage. I turned around and found a cat! Not Mopsy and not Flopsy. She seemed tame, so I tried to pet her. She let me. She was all skin and bones, so G and I put her by our cat food in the goat shed. Mopsy didn't like that, but she was too scared to defend her territory. I decided to name this one Penelope. With the storm coming the next day, we didn't want Mopsy kicked out of her own home, so we made a different shelter for Penelope. See below. 😀

We had food and water for her (both of which she appreciated) and some logs to block the rain. G saw her inside right away in the morning when he left for work, but when I checked in the afternoon, she was nowhere to be found. We haven't seen her since. I hope she comes back, but even if she doesn't, at least we could give her a meal and some water.

No comments:

Post a Comment