Saturday, October 5, 2024

Apple Cider Vinegar

Time to strain the apple cider vinegar. This is my first time making it with pulp from juicing. Not gonna lie, it was way more difficult. I don't think I'll be doing that again. 

Maybe it would be better if I actually had cheesecloth to strain it. Our pieces are too small, so I attempted to strain it with the old fashioned apple sauce squisher. 


It worked better than expected to drain the liquid. The pulp filled up the strainer so I pulled another strainer out. 

That worked even better. Or maybe I had just gotten down to the juicier parts of the pulp. 

The bottom of the jar had the most visible liquid, easiest to pour off but still requiring straining. 


It didn't take me too long to give up; we have plenty of apple cider vinegar left from last year and our chickens will enjoy eating the pulp. I ended up with about four cups. It's now in a glass jar sitting in darkness (aka our fruit room) for three months to continue curing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment