Friday, October 11, 2024

Smallest Cantaloupe in the World

The Northern Lights were out last night. Hard to see with the naked eye, but there was a faint tint to the sky to the south. Interestingly, I couldn't see anything to the north. They always show up better on camera. Here's a picture looking south:

It's supposed to freeze Sunday night, so I did a quick walk through my garden to see if there was anything to harvest that wouldn't withstand the cold. 

A few tomatoes, lots of celery, a couple green beans... A handful of peppers, but those might grow some more the next few days, so I left those. 

Near my trellis, I spotted two bright orange balls on the ground, both very small. They were the cantaloupes I'd noticed a few weeks ago, dropped from the dead vines. One of them had a hole in the bottom and was completely infested by picnic bugs. The other had a small soft spot on the side, but was otherwise intact! I cut it in half and G and I both got one side for breakfast. It tasted like a cantaloupe!


Fun fact: Baby H is 24 weeks today! According to thebump.com, babies at that age gestation are about the size of a cantaloupe. No doubt the cantaloupe they're using as a reference is much bigger than mine...😂

No comments:

Post a Comment