Monday, October 14, 2024

Steal of a Deal

Today's tasks were all baby-related. I spent the first half of the day in the nursery cleaning out the nursery closet and sorting baby clothes by size. Some things went into the donate pile, and this afternoon I took those items to MLHS for their fall rummage sale. 

I had a little time, and they always need help, so I stuck around to help organize and set up for the sale (which is open to the public starting Wednesday). I've been a shopper at this sale for probably over two decades, which made it pretty easy to bring items to their respective locations... books to the left, shoes to the right, decor in the little back room, kitchen items on the long tables close to the entrance...

One perk of volunteering is that you get to shop early too. Come across something you like? Set it aside and buy it before you leave. 

I got some major deals today! For a grand total of $7, I got:
  • a nursing pillow (on my baby registry, $45 value)
  • a second nursing pillow cover ($20 value)
  • two potential diaper caddies (if not good for diapers it can be used as an animal care caddy or some other organizational carrier)
  • a baby floatie (also on my baby registry, $24 value)
  • a 9x9 glass pan (been on my to-buy list for months)
  • a stainless steel bowl that might be a great dog food dish (Misty has completely trashed her plastic food bowl)
I'll be back there on Saturday for the $3 bag day (aka Heintz sisters' favorite shopping day of the year)! 😉

No comments:

Post a Comment