Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Sweetcorn

We didn't plant any sweet corn in our garden. I am a little intimidated by sweet corn because so many critters love to eat it and corn grows so tall. I figured we would find people with an abundance who would share with us. 

I did some 4-H judging over the weekend and drove past a farm place that had sweet corn for sale. We have a loose church connection (not enough to get any for free 😜). Since we know them, I stopped on my way home to buy a couple dozen. $10 for a baker's dozen. 

Jaron had a blast husking the corn on the back deck so the goats could clean up our mess.


He would hand me the ears saying, "heavy, heavy!" And then shout with joy when I handed him the husk. He tossed them to the goats and Gerda quickly nibbled them up. Senka is a little more shy. 

I stored the husked ears in a box so the goats wouldn't try to eat them. 

Jaron did take a bite or two out of an ear. Whether raw or cooked, he loves it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment