Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Cluttered

Boy does my brain feel cluttered!  I have about a million things floating around in my brain... from next week's lesson plans, to things I need to pack for our trip tomorrow, to things I need to do before I go to pottery tonight. Whew!  And to top it off, my desk is very messy. 

I've found that my brain works better when my environment is neat and tidy.  So I guess that's the first order of business.  We have a list going on the whiteboard of things not to forget, and we've been adding to it all day.  All my students want to bring their read-to-self books along to read on the way!  Yay!  And after our read aloud time, they asked if we could bring the book along to read before bedtime.  Double yay! (We're reading the book Holes).  In science, we talked about ferns and spores, so the 5th graders want to look for some on our trip.  I'm going to bring some waxed paper so we can collect/flatten the leaves we find.  We'll use them in an art project next week.

Another funny incident today happened during our spelling test.  The word was lashes, and my sentence went something like this, "The girl batted her lashes at the good-looking boy."  The next thing I know, one of the girls is pointing to the boy next to her.  Then she fluttered her lashes at him.  He looked so confused! 

This same boy is getting glasses (hopefully tomorrow before our trip).  He was a little nervous when he first found out he needed them, but Ms. J and I told him he would look good in glasses, and since then he hasn't been nervous.  He's actually quite excited.

Well, this entry is also going to be a short one... I have to stop at the bank to deposit our registration checks and the bank closes at 3:30.

No comments:

Post a Comment