Thursday, October 24, 2013

Day of Departure

Well, I got everything packed up that I needed to.  My car is set to go: full of gas, GPS programmed, back seats folded up...  After looking at the inside of my car, I realized I probably should've vacuumed it before our trip.  Oh well.

Now it's just a waiting game for the kiddos to arrive.  It only takes an hour to get there, (and we're supposed to be there by 10:00), which gives us about a half an hour to do stuff at school.  Huh.  I suppose we'll do flag pledges and devotions, and it will take some time to load the vehicle.  We probably should talk about behavior expectations, just in case.  That should be enough to take up that half an hour.  And we can always leave a little earlier. 

The 1st and 2nd grade teacher thinks I'm crazy to go on a trip with the whole class by myself.  If I dwell on that too long, I start to think it too.  Maybe I should've asked parents to chaperone.  Miss H. said she would've come along if we'd asked her.  Too bad I didn't think of it sooner.  Well, it will be what it will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment