Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Heart All Aflutter

Afternoon recess was scary today.  We played a game of Queen of the Court and I actually made it to the last two!  Shortly after, when we were playing SNAKE, my heart started beating rapidly and didn't slow down for about three-five minutes.  No chest pain, no lightheadedness, just a really fast heart.


So after school I called the doctor and the nurse said it could've been caused by stress and/or dehydration.  I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon to get checked out.  And I'm supposed to go to the emergency room if it happens again or I show other symptoms.  So we'll see what happens there.  Extra prayers would be appreciated!


We finally finished up our lesson on the MN civil war.  We tied up a loose end in science too.  Still a little behind where I want to be, but maybe we can catch up tomorrow.  My class wanted to finish our read aloud book today.  And we were only halfway through the book.  Yeah, not happening.  We did make good progress!  I'm guessing we'll finish before Friday this week. 


The 8th graders had a guest speaker for geography today.  My friend Leah, from Bethany, came to show us pictures about her time as an exchange student in Spain.  She was great! Very animated and funny.  And she showed good pictures.  The 6th graders snuck in halfway through and ended up listening instead of doing computer.  That made the 5th graders jealous that they missed it.  But they will have their turn when they take geography in two years.


The cheerleaders made their cheering début at today's home B girls' game.  We were down one girl (she was home sick), which left us with three.  They did pretty good though!  The B boys are playing right now, so I'm going to watch their game and then head for home even though the A teams are playing too.  Maybe a good night's sleep will cure what ails me!

No comments:

Post a Comment