Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Punting...

We still have a week before Christmas break and already my students are like, "Can we be done yet?"  They all wanted to take a nap... literally requested that we have nap time.  A lot of complaints about being tired after the basketball games last night.  I hope they're not getting sick!

One of the 8th grade boys fell last night and possibly broke his tailbone.  He wasn't in school today because it hurt to walk.  His younger 5th grade brother was complaining about his toe hurting and then got it smashed in the bathroom door.  Yikes! Everyone is falling apart!

This afternoon, the 8th graders just could not focus.  We got through what I wanted to get through, quickly set up for bells, and went to recess in the gym until the 6th graders came back.  We went through our songs a bunch of times... and then some more... and still had 10 minutes left.  I thought about going over some of the Christmas songs, but they were totally out of it.  So we packed up and the 8th graders went in the gym and the 6th graders worked on their science lab questions.

The 5th graders didn't come back and didn't come back and finally Mr. E came to the gym and revealed the 5th graders were taking a test and still had some more to do, could they please finish it?  I thought, why not since the 6th graders are occupied.  But when they still hadn't come back after fifteen more minutes, I poked my head in.  They weren't close to being done, so Mr. E is going to have them finish up tomorrow.  We had about 15ish minutes before we were supposed to go to PE/recess, so we wrote our conclusions as a class and worked on post-lab questions for a few minutes before heading to the gym.  I had intended to teach a lesson on the pH scale/acids/bases... I could always do it tomorrow, but I'm thinking we'll just push it off a week and I'll show them pictures from El Salvador since the 5th graders haven't seen them yet.  Eh, I suppose we'll see how tomorrow goes.

I ducked out of school super early today... 3:00!  The doctor said I probably had an SVT, or supraventricular tachycardia.  It's where the upper chambers of the heart beat really fast for a while, then go back to normal.  Nothing deadly, more of an annoyance.  She said we might have to do an event monitor if it becomes more frequent.  And I should only come in if the episode is over a half an hour.  The doctor ordered blood work done too and since I was already at the doctor, I got my flu shot and a booster I've been needing.  So many needles!

No comments:

Post a Comment