Tuesday, February 23, 2016

Droopy

Today was a droopy day, for me at least.  The weather is foggy and dull.  I have a stuffy nose and didn't sleep well last night.  Add that all up and you get a droopy Miss H.


So let's focus on the positive.


The hockey games at noon recess today were amazing! The teams played so hard; they were fun to watch.


Most of my class is finished with the paper quilling projects we've been working on.  They took small pieces of cardboard as bases and rolled up colorful paper around pencils/toothpicks to make the tubes.  Some did random patterns, others tried to make a design or picture: first letter of a name, rainbow, just the corner, a cross, a sports team's logo...


We're nearing the end of Space Case by Stuart Gibbs.  From here on out, the chapters end in cliff-hangers, so I suppose I should just plan to not get a lot of Daily 5 done tomorrow.  I promised them we could read longer tomorrow if most of the class got their Student Treasure book pages finished on the computer today.  We made a lot of headway on the project, but aren't as far along as I'd like.  It's due on Friday, so we need to get moving!


Our classroom got super warm today! Up to 74 degrees! It's normally set at 68, but when the weather outside is warm, our room heats up.  All the kids complained about the heat, and even I was sweating, so we opened some windows.  The poor boys who were sitting in line with the draft got cold and put  their sweatshirts back on.  But by the time we packed up to go home after recess, everyone was sweaty again.  I saw two boys crouched by the open window.  It looked like they were looking at something outside, but they were really just commandeering the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment